Though the winter months undoubtedly bring some of the year’s harshest conditions to the roads, the fall season brings its own hazards.
Stay safe this year on the road, and follow these fall driving safety tips:
- Know the schedules and routes of school buses in your area, and do your best to avoid them. Back-to-school season can be disastrous if not handled with caution.
- If the fall rain turns the roads around you into mushy puddles of mud and dead leaves, be sure to slow down and keep extra distance between your vehicle and others around it.
- Keep a sharp eye out for deer and other wildlife, which are especially active at night.
- When it gets foggy outside, leave your low beams on, but avoid turning on your high beams. This actually creates a glare off the fog, making it harder to see.
- Overall, when the conditions around you change – slow down, and be careful.
Do you have any other ideas to promote safe fall driving? Let us know your thoughts in the comments. Have you already slipped up this season while driving? Never fear – visit our Service Center and let us help patch things up.